5 new books we won’t wish to skip this week, including EL James’ ‘Darker’ – WBIR
November 27, 2017 - Fifty Shades of Grey
1. Darker by E.L. James (Vintage, fiction, on sale Nov. 28)
2. Tom Clancy Power and Empire by Marc Cameron (Putnam, fiction, on sale Nov. 28)
What it’s about: Unlike a stream president, U.S. President Jack Ryan is during critical contingency with China’s (fictional) leader.
The buzz: Cameron is a latest author to take on this best-selling thriller franchise; Clancy died in 2013.
3. Past Perfect by Danielle Steel (Delacorte, fiction, on sale Nov. 28)
What it’s about: Past and benefaction strike — literally — in this story about a complicated family in San Francisco who accommodate a strange 1917 inhabitants of their palace after an trembler shakes a rafters.
The buzz: The inclusive Steel has had a conspicuous 70 titles strike USA TODAY’s tip 10.
4. The Man Who Made a Movies by Vanda Krefft (Harper, non-fiction, on sale Nov. 28)
What it’s about: Biography explores a “meteoric arise and comfortless fall” of William Fox, a movie noble of a wordless epoch whose studio still bears his name.
The buzz: “Captivating…makes for retaining storytelling,” says Publishers Weekly.
5. A Hundred Small Lessons by Ashley Hay (Atria, fiction, on sale Nov. 28)
What it’s about: The lives of several generations join when a immature married integrate with a new baby buy a Brisbane residence of an comparison lady who moves into a comparison vital facility.
The buzz: It’s an Indie Next collect of eccentric booksellers. “Beautifully written, (a) still gem of a novel,” says Sarajane Giddings of Blue Door Books in Cedarhurst, N.Y.