Billboard 200 Chart Moves: ‘Fifty Shades’ Album Whips Past Half-Million in Sales
March 28, 2015 - Fifty Shades of Grey
The Billboard 200 draft ranks a week’s many renouned albums formed on their overall consumption. That altogether section figure combines pristine manuscript sales, lane homogeneous albums (TEA) and streaming homogeneous albums (SEA).
Let’s take a closer demeanour during some of a movement on a chart:
– Soundtrack, Fifty Shades of Grey – No. 6: After usually 6 weeks on a chart, a Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack has sole some-more than a half-million copies, according to Nielsen Music. The multi-artist set sole another 28,000 in a week finale Mar 29, bringing a to-date sum to 516,000. It’s a fourth-largest offered manuscript of 2015, behind Taylor Swift’s 1989 (916,000), Drake’s If You’re Reading This, It’s Too Late (774,000) and Sam Smith’s In a Lonely Hour (525,000).
– Mark Knopfler, Tracker – No. 14: The maestro artist (and front male for Dire Straits) nets his tip charting solo manuscript yet, as Tracker debuts during No. 14 with 36,000 units. That surpasses a No. 17 rise of both 2006’s All a Roadrunning and 2009’s Get Lucky.
‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Has Biggest Debut for Multi-Act Soundtrack Since 2005
– Madonna, Rebel Heart – No. 21: Madonna’s Rebel Heart slips from No. 2 to No. 21 with 26,000 units (down 78 percent) in a second week. It fell by 80 percent in manuscript sales, to 24,000 (down from 93,000). The 80 percent erosion is steep, though not terribly out-of-the-ordinary for a pretension that expected had a lot of pre-order sales that done it formidable to means a clever second week. High-debuting albums from big-named stars frequently see second-week declines of some-more than 75 percent in sales. For example, in a tracking week finale Mar 8, Big Sean’s Dark Sky Paradise, Kid Rock’s First Kiss and Chris Brown Tyga’s Fan of a Fan all forsaken by 75 or some-more in their second frame. In a past year, albums that fell crook than Rebel Heart include: Fall Out Boy’s American Beauty/American Psycho (82 percent), Foo Fighters’ Sonic Highways (81 percent) and 5 Seconds of Summer’s She Looks So Perfect EP (82 percent).
– Echosmith, Talking Dreams: No. 38: The still-rising rope finally graduates from a Heatseekers Albums chart, as a 2013 recover breaks into a tip 100 of a Billboard 200 chart, zooming from No. 101 to No. 38 — a new peak. (Titles are private from Heatseekers once a act reaches a tip 100 of a Billboard 200.)
– Soundtrack, Annie – No. 55: The musical’s Mar 17 home video recover prompts a swell for a messenger soundtrack: it’s adult 143 percent in units (to 9,000 for a week), pulling a set to a re-entry during No. 55. Pure manuscript sales accounted for 7,000 of that altogether section total.
– Elle King, Love Stuff – No. 84: After a month’s deficiency from a list, a manuscript earnings pleasantness of graduation and discounting in a iTunes store. The set warranted a 248 percent download gain, aiding a altogether 6,000 section sum for a week (up 94 percent)
Julie Andrews Talks Phone Calls With Lady Gaga ‘Sound of Music’ Memories
– Soundtrack, The Sound of Music – No. 148 — Following a ABC TV special The Untold Story of The Sound of Music (which aired Mar 18), a soundtrack earnings (up 15 percent in units and 8 percent in sales) scarcely roughly accurately 50 years after a draft entrance (March 20, 1965). The former No. 1 — it surfaced a list for dual weeks in 1965 — was recently reissued with reward tracks.
– Rush, 2112 – No. 149 — A hologram vinyl book of a 1976 manuscript was expelled on Mar 17, call a set’s entrance during No. 2 on Vinyl Albums (4,000 sold) and it’s 649 percent sales benefit (basically all from a LP release).